This course is aimed at engineering personnel who program, install or maintain automation systems and their application programs.
This course introduces the participant to the Siemens 1200 PLC hardware and software and will build skills in programming, installation, commissioning, and basic fault diagnostics, utilizing an HMI and PLC, PROFINET communications network. Participants will learn to navigate S7 1200 software by creating a basic control program and use of the built-in diagnostics tools.
The course format is a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises. A realistic conveyor model is used for demonstrations and practical exercises. These exercises allow participants to practice tasks such as testing, debugging, and using basic diagnostic tools.
- SIMATIC S7 1200 System Family overview
- Installation and maintenance of a PLC
- Simatic S7-1200 software package
- Hardware configuration
- Hardware commissioning
- Block architecture and Program Editors
- Binary and Digital Operations including IEC Timers and Counters
- Introduction to Data Blocks
- Introduction to HMI and Profinet networking PLC and HMI tags
- Program documenting, saving, and archiving
- Each of the above topic areas is backed up by practical exercises using a conveyor model and simulator. Working examples are provided and tested out during the course.
This course is directed at Commissioning engineers, Engineering personnel, Maintenance personnel, Service personnel, etc.
Basic knowledge of automation technology.
After attending this course, you can do the following:
- Understand the fundamentals of the interaction of the SIMATIC S7-1200 with an operator control and monitoring device.
- Reliably operate the “TIA Portal” engineering platform. Create, change, and expand small STEP 7 programs. Configure, parameterize, and exchange SIMATIC S7-1200 modules
- Diagnose and fix simple hardware faults using the wiring test Diagnose and fix simple program errors using the status block.
- Perform simple commissioning of the SIMATIC S7-1200.