- This course provides maintenance personnel and production operators etc. with the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out maintenance tasks on pneumatic and hydraulics systems. A practical approach is taken throughout this course with participants gaining valuable ‘hands-on’ experience on training equipment utilizing industry-standard components designed to simulate industrial systems.
- Air supply system;
- Reciprocating and rotary compressors; Cooling; Compressor maintenance;
- Airline filters and lubrication
Pneumatic Schematic Diagrams
- Schematic symbol construction;
- Diagramming an air supply;
- Simple pneumatic systems;
- Timing and safety circuits;
- System schematics
Installation of System Components
- Compressor intakes and foundations; Aftercoolers; Receivers; Dryers;
- Pipe installation and support; Tubing and hose fittings; System installation.
- Pneumatic system maintenance; Cylinder maintenance; Tool maintenance; Logs and records; Automatic recorders and recording charts
Determining System Failures
- Locating troubles; Operations manual; Checking the air supply; Troubleshooting valves and actuators; Interlocks; Final adjustments.
Troubleshooting Air Compressors
- Compressor cooling, lubrication, and valves; Crankcase ventilation; Piston rings; Bearings; Control systems; Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Control Valves
- Checking manual overrides, circuit sequence, and solenoids; Improper sequence and valve shifting; Control timing; Lubrication problems.
- Cylinder construction; Checking for correct size, clogged filters, frozen air lines, and cylinder misalignment; Worn packings and seals; Controls.
Troubleshooting Air Motors
- Checking for sufficient air; Contamination; Lubrication; Air motor abuse; Hose and clamp maintenance; Vane and piston motors.
Pneumatic VS Hydraulic Systems
Air-oil tanks; Pressure boosters; Hydraulic control; Pneumatic cushioning; System interlock; Pneumatic servos; Troubleshooting.
Instrumentation, Process, and Control Essentials) or equivalent relevant experience
Understand the need for safe isolation and be able to apply safe working practices when working with pneumatic and electro-pneumatic systems.